POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Quis custodiet ipsos custodienses - wip : Re: Quis custodiet ipsos custodienses - wip Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:29:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quis custodiet ipsos custodienses - wip
From: Kenneth
Date: 3 Apr 2008 01:00:00
Message: <web.47f471b31caac34e78dcad930@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Kenneth nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/04/02 13:50:

> > Yeah, I think I would have used the much more futuristic Phillips-head screws
> > :-p
> >
> > Ken W.
> >
> Phillips head futuristic??? Beter to use Robertson or Torks....

Hmm, seems my little joke fell flat.  :-(  Meaning, one screw type is just as
hi-tech (or low-tech) as another...compared to future technology. (Yes, yes, I
know, some screws *are* better than others, in the here-and-now.) But this
cool-looking orb has a fantastical quality about it-- Earth-y yet alien-- so a
mix of technologies, old and new, seems very appropriate.

Actually, I like the slotted screws. They look uncluttered, and the single slot
clearly shows off their "random tightening."

Ken W.